Page 1 - Reviews - NOW Foods, Licorice Root, 225 mg, 100 Veg Capsules - iHerb
PH

Posted on Mar 29, 2022

I like NOW brand, some of this brands products have to many fillers for me, but this one is good. As a Holistic Nutritionist, I really read my labels and am particular. Licorice root is best taken in the morning as it can give you energy! This easy to take capsule and low cost bottle will benefit you in these ways; energy, raising blood pressure if you have ultra low BP. It will also help with adrenal fatigue, leaky gut, heartburn, acid reflux, cough, sore throat, and overall immunity! If this helped you, please consider liking :)

bfdeecdb-8f08-4160-beb3-116554c51299
Posted on Jun 24, 2022

I am still half way through this bottle since I am using it for cleansing in combination with charcoal, but I can definitely see benefits. It is suitable for those on keto diet and its ingredients caused no irritation to my sensitive stomach. I believe the quality is pretty good for the price and I will certainly buy it again.

Vasylyna
Posted on Oct 30, 2021

Licorice root has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial effects. Early research suggests that, as a result, it may ease upper respiratory infections, help with ulcers, and digestion, among other benefits. Licorice root is a mainstay home remedy for women with menstrual cramps and is also believed to help alleviate many of the adverse symptoms of menopause. Licorice assists the adrenals by stopping the breakdown of cortisol, one of the major hormones produced by the adrenal glands to combat stress. Its cortisol sparing effects help in maintaining energy levels which results in a better response to stressful situations. As a mum of a special needs child, I am permanently under the stress. I take Licorice root as a 1-month course twice a year. It is only intended for short-term use.

Posted on Oct 20, 2021

This is not something you take every day as a safeguard against viral infections but rather something you should have in your arsenal when you feel like you’re coming down with something. Well I’m not suggesting you for the medical advice and antibiotics - I use it when I want to fight flus and colds.

Posted on Aug 24, 2021

Licorice root is a plant used in Chinese herbal medicine for thousands of years. Licorice root contains glycyrrhizic acid and glycyrrhizin, which are responsible for their therapeutic effect. In addition, licorice root contains 27 flavonoid compounds, polysaccharides, coumarins and essential oils. Due to the content of glycyrrhizic acid and glycyrrhizin, licorice root has an expectorant, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating, regenerating, antispasmodic and antiviral effect. In addition to antiviral activity, licorice root has an inhibitory effect on other pathogenic microorganisms, such as staphylococci, mycobacteria and others. Great product. I recommend!

TatyanaL
Posted on Aug 2, 2021

As a mum of special needs child, I'm permanently under the stress. I make a one month course of Licorice root to support the adrenal glands twice a year. Not for long-term use. Licorice root also have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial effects, that's why it may ease upper respiratory infections, and aid digestion, among other benefits. I have a pot in my house in cold and flue seasons and use it with the first symptoms.

Posted on Aug 13, 2021

Suits for vegan. Good ingredients. Used for cleanse 8 capsules in a day (4 twice a day on empty stomach 30 min before meals and 40-50 min after soda or sagebrush). I can't say it worked good enough, I didn't feel anything at all while using. Not everyone can apply more than 1-2 capsules a day, so be careful and listen to your body and don't repeat if not quite sure.

afae1ec2-d1b3-4ef7-b8ba-0eff7b9a586e
Posted on Jun 19, 2022

This is a great healthy subsitute of sugar. I like to open the capsule and use it in desserts (espcially when no liquid can be added) and smoothies. And for soothing my stomach. Great taste. Licorice contains glycyrrhizic acid, whcih is reported to be 50 times sweeter than sucrose, or table sugar. I try not to use more than 2 capsules a day, although to see side effects you have to take several grams, something like 20gr or more. But it's sweet enough to satisfy with only a capsule or so.

Posted on May 22, 2022

Hi, there was a small study at Mount Sinai that stated; 'people who took 900 mg of licorice flavonoid oil daily for 8 weeks experienced reductions in body fat, body weight, body mass index, and LDL cholesterol levels. More studies are needed to say if licorice really helps reduce fat.' There have been some other studies as well. it would not hurt along with a healthy diet and regular exercise routine. If this helped you, please consider liking:)

tontubut
Posted on May 1, 2022

I take two 30 minutes before working out and I notice I can breath deeper on the treadmill, machines and weights. This licorice root does what licorice root is supposed to do. It is helping me very much with the issue I am taking it for. I appreciate that it is NOT DGL as I think that might possibly make it less effective for me. I am grateful that something that is helping me so much is so affordable