If You Care, Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags, 12 Bags
- Date First Available: April 9 2021
Shipping Weight:0.35 kgSwitch to Imperial unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: IYC-25065
- UPC Code: 770009250651
- Package Quantity: 12 Count
6 x 17.4 x 5.8 cm , 0.3 kgSwitch to Imperial units
Frequently purchased together
- Quality with Integrity
- Certified Compostable
- Now Certified Compostable for Home
- No Plasticizers and No Polyethylene
- 13 Gallon* (49.2 L)
Dimensions: 2' x 2'1 1/4" x .75 mil (61 cm x 64.5 cm x 19µm)
Why Use If You Care Certified Compostable Bags?
Approximately 80 million tons of waste (U.S. EPA figures) which goes to landfill annually is material which under the right conditions, can be turned into compost, including food scraps, yard trimmings and non-recyclable paper. In a landfill environment, this organic material (food scraps etc.) releases methane gas - a greenhouse gas - contributing to global warming. Diverting food scraps and yard trimmings from landfill to compost facilities - either municipal or commercial in areas where they are available - contributes significantly to preserving our planet and natural resources.
- Potato starch from non-GMO "starch potatoes" - grown for starch, not for food
- Blended with certified fully compostable polymer
- No plasticizers. Plasticizers migrate, which deteriorates mechanical properties of bags. We don't use them.
- Box from 100% recycled board processed chlorine-free (PCF)
- No plasticizers and no polyethylene
- 100% certified compostable
- Potato starch from non-GMO potatoes
- Potato starch from potatoes grown only for starch - no diversion from food supplies
- Potato starch uses less water than corn starch. No irrigation needed, only rainfall
- 40% less land is required to produce same quantity of starch from potatoes as from corn
- Fits all tall kitchen 13-gallon pails
- Use for compostable waste
- Bags along with food scraps can be composed
- Bags are 100% certified compostable and can be home composted
- Bags can be composted in municipal or commercial compost facilities where available
- Cardboard box should be recycled
*Fits up to 13-gallon (49.2 L) pails
If You Care Compostable Bags are made from 100% GMO free potato starch and a fully compostable polymer. These bags are completely polyethylene free and plasticizer free.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.